[Samba] Cannot add Win2k client to domain after removing it once

spammaa at luukku.com spammaa at luukku.com
Fri Oct 3 08:48:20 GMT 2003

I have this kind of problem with Win2k clients:
While testing I added one win2k client manually to the domain. Everything worked fine then. I wanted add machines on-fly and I removed manually created machine account to test that feature. After removal I haven't been able to add that machine to domain anymore. I can add another win2k clients to domain on-fly or manually but this one machine which I used on testing is giving me headache. PDC is working fine with other machines but this one machine has been locked somehow. I don't even know if it is Samba or win2k which needs some work.

I'm trying to join machine to domain and win2k asks password normally. Instead of "Welcome to domain x" I get this "Couldn't join computer to the domain because: Given privileges conflicts with present privileges." (I have Finnish win2k so this error message is freely translated).

Haven't I maybe removed computer account properly? I used "smbpasswd -x" and edited /etc/passwd -file. How to do this correctly?

I'm using:
Debian 3.0r1
Samba 2.2.3a

Maksuton sähköposti aina käytössä http://luukku.com