[Samba] Samba3 + Virtual Servers, domain screwins....

Alex itzaberhad at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 3 08:42:25 GMT 2003

Hey all,

    Been trying to setup something like the follow:

1 domain (Op-Print) with virtual server Op-Print
1 Workgroup (Workgroup) with virtual server Printing

Under the domain Op-Print Samba is setup as a domain master, share
security.  Under Workgroup, user level security, and just browsing.

When I setup the config (below), what I get is, both server names are
under the Op-Print domain and nothing goes in the Workgroup.

smb.conf:

[global]

         netbios name = OP-PRINT
         netbios aliases = PRINTING
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 500000
include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.%L

----
Then I have smb.conf.PRINTING and smb.conf.OP-PRINT, here are excerpts
(since they are big):

smb.conf.PRINTING:
[global]

         workgroup = Workgroup