[Samba] Re: bad encryption type when accessing AD member server

Alexander List alexlist at sbox.tu-graz.ac.at
Thu Oct 2 17:11:43 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Derek T. Yarnell wrote:

> Can you send me your working krb5.conf file? I am having the same
> problem (not running debian) and trying to figure out what I need to
> have in it is a pain.

Less is more in this case.

Try _removing_ anything about the enctypes in krb5.conf and only define
the realm, like mentioned in the Samba HOWTO collection:

http://www.samba.org/samba/devel/docs/html/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html#id2877790

If you use the mentioned minimal config, everything should work fine.

Alex

deserve neither liberty not safety."
		--Benjamin Franklin, 1759