[Samba] Basic Samba Config Question

matthew.lawlor at tuxenergy.com matthew.lawlor at tuxenergy.com
Thu Oct 2 12:54:46 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I am new to samba and just setting up a Samba server. I was looking up a
few samba documents and it talks about creating the smb.conf file, syncing
the "smbpasswd" files and setting samba users, almost all i have done.

I was wondering if anybody would know of any good documents or sources
where I could find out about the samba basics? I dont really want to do
anything too complex, i have a server with 2 clients and just want to be
able to share some files, do backups, share a printer etc. I am using
Mandrake 9.1 and there in no windows an all on the network.

Thanks very much for any help in advance,
Matthew.