[Samba] Automatically mounting home dir

Budai Laszlo lbudai at ms.sapientia.ro
Thu Oct 2 12:28:51 GMT 2003

Hello,

I think I wasn't that clear as I should.
We have dual boot PCs in laboratories where students have access. We
have active directory for windows, and we would like to be able to
authenticate to linux as vell using the same username/password.
If I join a computer running linux to the domain using the tools
provided by samba 3, it will rewrite the computer's entry in the
directory, so the next time I boot windows on the same computer  I
cannot login using domain accounts. :(
Is there a possibility to join a computer to the AD without changing the
computer account information in the AD?
Or how can I use both windows and linux on the same computer and
authenticate in the AD?

Thanks,
Laszlo