[Samba] Re-setting the Archive Bit

Andrew Butler ButlerAndrew at cel.ie
Thu Oct 2 09:27:42 GMT 2003

Jerry,

Thanks for this. It almost worked......

So now I can modify the archive bit manually using the Windows Properties
tab. I thought this was it but when I edited and saved the same file, the
archive bit did not switch on........ It does switch on if I modify and save
the file if I am the owner or "force user" to be root......... "admin users"
still does not make a difference.

The answers are never that simple! Any more ideas?

Andrew.

[global]
        workgroup = CEL
        netbios name = CELLINUX01
        server string = Samba 2.2.7a on Red Hat Linux 8.0
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = *
        wins server = 192.0.2.11