[Samba] Samba Sessions

Norman Zhang nzhang at arkon-group.com
Thu Oct 2 00:43:43 GMT 2003

Hi Stefan,

From: "Stefan G. Weichinger"

>> Sorry, I mean constantly increase of memory not decrease. The problem is
>> that there are too many Samba sessions opened and eventually drives my
>> server to a complete halt. It seems to me some used sessions are not
>> killed or freed from memory. Is there a way to fix this? I have been
running
>> Samba happily for the last 6 months. For the last couple of days I'm
forced
>> to reboot the server 4 to 5 times 8( Please help.
>
> What do your log files look like?

** /var/log/samba/log.nmbd **
[2003/10/01 17:21:16, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_responserecordsdb.c:find_response_record(235)
  find_response_record: response packet id 28291 received with no matching
record.

** /var/log/samba/log.smbd **
[2003/10/01 17:21:12, 0] smbd/server.c:main(707)
  smbd version 2.2.7a-security-rollup-fix started.
  Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2002

** /var/log/samba/log.winbindd **
[2003/10/01 17:21:13, 0] nsswitch/winbindd.c:process_loop(626)
  process_loop: Invalid request size (1701996389) sent, should be (1304)

Could you see anything strange behavior in this? I'm seeing as memory got
filled up, one of the samba volume got dismounted. I can't be sure if it is
memory error or disk error. But BIOS memory check and fsck doesn't seem to
find any errors. I'm running XFS. Would you have other recommendations that
I can check?

Regards,
Norman