[Samba] Unified logins

Wild, Phil Phil.Wild at SEALCORP.com.au
Wed Oct 1 08:01:03 GMT 2003

Hi Samba users,

I posted a couple of messages to the list over the last week about my
problems with winbind, getent and large group entries under Solaris with no

My only option is to approach the problem differently.

Some background. The company I work for has approx 900 users defined within
an NT Domain. There is a large project at the moment migrating this to
active/Windows 2003.

A large number of these users will need access to a terminal based
application running on a couple of unix hosts and I would like to build some
sort of infrastructure that would allow the Unix hosts to authenticate
against the NT environment.

We have close to 20 Sun servers and would like to have most of these servers
authenticating against NT.

How would people suggest I best do this? I am guessing that LDAP
authentication into active directory may be the best option (if this
actually works).

Cheers

Phil

--
Phil Wild
Sealcorp Holdings Ltd
Email: phil.wild at sealcorp.com.au

                                     IMPORTANT INFORMATION

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and should be read only by those
persons to whom it is addressed.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by way of reply. Please
also destroy and delete the message from your computer. Any unauthorised form of reproduction
of this message is strictly prohibited.

It is the duty of the recipient to virus scan and otherwise test the information provided before
SEALCORP does not warrant that the information is free of a virus or any other defect or error.

SEALCORP is not liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in
this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
specifically states them to be the views of SEALCORP.