[Samba] samba sam problem [version 2.2.3a on RH 8]

Erlend Sannerud sannerud at jdata.no
Fri Oct 31 11:01:54 GMT 2003

Hi folks

I'm new to this list, fresh into linux and samba. Simply love it :-)

I have a customer that have about 10 XP pro machines connected to a
linux samba server. Since there are a quite few documents that only two
of the users are going to see, I use groups and different shares.

This setup have been working for a while. Today everyone got access to
everything - not good. Actualy very very very bad. I have tried to
reboot the smbd service, reboot the whole server and I even tried to
delete users and groups, and make new ones. No go.

This is what the log.smbd shows:

[2003/10/31 10:11:51, 0] rpc_server/srv_netlog.c:api_net_sam_logon(206)
  api_net_sam_logon: Failed to marshall NET_R_SAM_LOGON.
[2003/10/31 10:11:51, 0] rpc_server/srv_pipe.c:api_rpcTNP(1200)
  api_rpcTNP: api_netlog_rpc: NET_SAMLOGON failed.

Any suggestions?

mvh/regards
Erlend

ITC Consultant (Linux, novell, Notes and windows)
Composer, producer, arranger, leader and a trumpet player
Video editor
+47 90630620