[Samba] password question

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Fri Oct 31 01:57:33 GMT 2003

>>My question, is can you use the existing UNIX /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow
file so that we >>don't have to manage another list?

mksmbpasswd.sh will parse your /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow file and create
the relevent users. I'm not too sure about the initial passwords.

But you can get samba to sync/passwd to sync with each other

Cheers,                                                 .^.
Mun Heng, Ow                                            /V\
H/M Engineering                                       /(   )\
Western Digital M'sia                                  ^^-^^
DID : 03-7870 5168                          The Linux Advocate