[Samba] Dfs - Load Balancing

Nicholas McDowell teknik at theorphanage.com
Thu Oct 30 19:48:27 GMT 2003

Thanks for your email Brian and the useful information.

The load balancing I was thinking about using was when you use a symbolic
link with multiple server names and a lb-data tag ie:

ln -s 'msdfs:serverA\someShare.msdfs:serverB\someShare' lb-data

Where someShare on serverA and serverB is the same file system containing
the same data.

Obviously this should only be used in a read only situation unless both
server have write access, which in the case of my setup, they do.

Cheers
Nicholas