[Samba] what will be mounted

Istvan Sebestyen istvan at chains.ch
Thu Oct 30 09:24:13 GMT 2003

> can samba mount the whole windows system on a computer by default..
> suppose id i have 8 partitions on my hard disk (C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J).. when i
> mount windows, will all partitions be mounted or just C drive...

I don't understand what you mean by mounting "windows". You can mount on
windows the shares you specified. Anyway there are default shares for
every drive, so you can mount all of your partitions, if you have enough
privileges.

For each drive the share name is <driveletter>$, such as c$, d$, etc...

Good luck.

Regards

--
       (O O)