[Samba] File Permission Question

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Thu Oct 30 02:30:12 GMT 2003

>>I need to setup samba so that when a new file is created it
>>is writeable to the entire group, not just the person who created it

Try this...in your smb.conf

create mode = 0665

I'm very bad with octet permissions.. 0665 would be I think something like
drwxrwxr-x

Cheers,                                                 .^.
Mun Heng, Ow                                            /V\
H/M Engineering                                       /(   )\
Western Digital M'sia                                  ^^-^^
DID : 03-7870 5168                          The Linux Advocate