[Samba] Different SAMBA reaction about file permissions

Patrice.Lagace at canadair.ca Patrice.Lagace at canadair.ca
Wed Oct 29 19:27:16 GMT 2003

How come am I not able to delete this "aquila_test/toto2" file from our
"data" (see smb.conf below) directory but can delete it (different copy but
same permissions and owners/groups) from our "home" (see smb.conf below)
directory from a "Windows 2000" PC using samba  ( we don`t have this
problem when doing unix commands)

File is on a SUN SunOS 5.8 server

smbd -V
Version 2.0.7

$ ls -ld aquila_test
dr-xrwx---   2 root     vim           96 Oct 29 13:54 aquila_test

$ ls -l aquila_test
total 0
-r-xrw----   1 ab123456 vis            0 Oct 29 11:31 toto.orig
-r-xrw----   1 ab123456 vis            0 Oct 29 11:31 toto2

c0pmtl01 # groups ab123456
vis vim

$ cat smb.conf

#
# Automated Samba config done by dance on Wednesday October 29 12:02:22 EST
2003
#

#
# Global parameters
#

[global]
workgroup = YYY_XXX
server string = C0 File server Montreal Cluster
browseable = No
NIS homedir = No
log file = /opt/VRTSsamba/var/log.%m
max log size = 50