[Samba] Samba Share ACLs

rruegner robowarp at gmx.de
Wed Oct 29 17:05:27 GMT 2003

Hi , you have to mount acls in fstab
then you can use the partition with samba,
i.e.
/dev/hdd1            /files               ext3       defaults,acl          1
1
if you now create a smb share with path = /files
you can set permissions from win clients via right click on the servers
share
but for the different usage of win and unix permissions you can
only see the right permissions with the advanced button...
this is what tested.
note there are some other things with acls you might configure
in the smb.conf ( read the faqs )
and for suse you have to load up their acl packs.
( my test system was suse 8.2 / 9 samba 3 )
Best Regards