[Samba] Automatic Windows Patch Deployment "autoit"

Nathan Ehresman nehresma at css.tayloru.edu
Wed Oct 29 16:11:19 GMT 2003

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 08:30:10AM -0600, Jerry Haltom wrote:
> THere is one big problem with netlogon scripts that make them impossible
> im most environments: You have to log on as Administrator. Software
> usually requires Administrator to be installed/removed. Having the
> installation run as LocalSystem in the background gets around this (and
> also keeps your users from messing with the procedure).

I too use AutoIt, but just at the time of the initial build of the OS and
apps.  For installing updates I use Lanovation's Prism Pack, which allows
me to install software via login scripts as a non administrator user.
Works great for us to push updates out to a bunch of computer labs.  My
only beef with it is that it doesn't support NTFS ACLs, so it can be a pain
if some app needs a different permission set than it would normally get.

Nathan Ehresman

--
nre
:wq