[Samba] Re: HowTo 3 book?

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue Oct 28 23:42:07 GMT 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, jonlists wrote:

> John.....
>
> when is your book (and your co-author's <G>) available? Amazon says
> "November", but early november, late, or plan for a christmas present for
> myself??

Jon,

Thanks for getting in touch. I have had a number of emails asking about
the availability of the book. I can only respond with what I know.

The book went to the printer exactly on time on September 24th. The books
left the printer right on time on October 15th. They then shipped from the
Prentice Hall ware house right on time.

I am not able to comment further as I do not know what is happening.
I am copying your email to Prentice Hall in the hope that this will help
to expedite things.

I assure you the book is available - I am at Usenix LISA'2003 in San
Diego, USA, signing books that people are buying at the conference.

I am following up with Prentice Hall in the hope that they can shed light
on the information on the Amazon web site and will report findings to the
samba mailing list when I get word back.

Apologies for the delays.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra