[Samba] groupmap on member server

Tim Jordan, Network Services timothy_jordan at labor.state.ak.us
Tue Oct 28 21:16:18 GMT 2003

I'm not an expert please correct me if I'm wrong.
With my shares I gave the unix group in question "itms_office"  group
ownership.  So it looks like this:

drwxrwxrwx  root   itms_office  4096 Oct28 14:46 test

One thing to note is that my shares are not sub-directories like your
are - so you may have to have the directories above "test" with the
proper unix permissions.

My current problem is that the groups I have groupmapped seem to work,
but I can't specify and valid domain user account and have it just let
that user in the share....just can't seem to get it to work!

Give it a try and please let me know.
Tim