[Samba] groupmap on member server

Dean Knape knape at njit.edu
Tue Oct 28 18:31:38 GMT 2003

Greetings,

My setup is a multimaster win2k domain with full trusts established.  My
samba server has joined one of the master domains as a member server.
smb.conf has encrypted passwords enabled and security=domain and running
  on Samba Version 3.0.1pre1 on Linux 2.4.20-20.9smp.

Groupmap seems not to work as I was expecting it to.  I am trying to map
  the local unix group "itms_office" to domain group "itms office" using:

net groupmap add ntgroup="itms office" unixgroup=itms_office type=d

/etc/group contains the following line for itms_office:
itms_office:x:102:

The share is setup as follows:
[test]
         comment         = test share