[Samba] pdbedit, LDAP and deleting a user

Dustin Rue ruedu at fmymca.org
Mon Oct 27 23:58:20 GMT 2003

When I try to delete a user with 'pdbedit -x -u ruedu' and get the
following back (-d 99):

ldapsam_delete_entry: deleting attribute uid
ldapsam_delete_entry: deleting attribute sambaSID
ldapsam_delete_entry: deleting attribute sambaPrimaryGroupSID
ldapsam_delete_entry: deleting attribute displayName
ldapsam_delete_entry: deleting attribute sambaPwdCanChange
ldapsam_delete_entry: deleting attribute sambaPwdMustChange
ldapsam_delete_entry: deleting attribute sambaLMPassword
ldapsam_delete_entry: deleting attribute sambaNTPassword
ldapsam_delete_entry: deleting attribute sambaPwdLastSet
ldapsam_delete_entry: deleting attribute sambaAcctFlags
ldapsam_delete_entry: deleting attribute objectClass
smbldap_open: already connected to the LDAP server
ldapsam_delete_entry: Could not delete attributes for
uid=ruedu,ou=People,dc=test,dc=net, error: Object class violation
(object class 'account' requires attribute 'uid')

I can give more detailed debug info but I thought this might be sufficient.

Dustin