[Samba] Help with settings for Internet usage.

rruegner robowarp at gmx.de
Mon Oct 27 22:38:15 GMT 2003

hi,
sorry smb over internet is a big security bug
you will an would have tons of hackers if you would use an open setup,
youre right encryption slows down the connect.
try to use freeswan cipe vtun ....contact your isp for open needed ports.
or use simply winscp ( ssh ) sftp, ftp, http with webdav etc
if samba is installed on the server there are many smbbrowsers over http php
/ perl that will do the job
browsing the samba stored files on the server. ( but normally if you wanna
secure use https )
another solution is rsync ( via ssh ) the files from an internal samba to
the internet
Best Regards