[Samba] Can Samba export 2TB+ filesystems?

rruegner robowarp at gmx.de
Mon Oct 27 19:50:20 GMT 2003

hi,
as far as i know smb has no limit, there are only limits which type of fs
you use
on your storage device with ext3 you should have no problems,
also quota stuff is related to that too, samba only tries to match unix
quotes to windows.
study the related docus to reiserfs, ext3 etc
if youre running samba 3  and wanna use acl compatible features ton win
dont forget that you have a patched version of this fs, in suse 8.2 / 9 acl
patches are included in reiser
and ext3 ( this is what i tested )
after all i never mounted TBs via smb network protokoll , but i think using
nfs or others
would be better choice for that
Best Regards