[Samba] Samba Quota Question

Robert Robertedstrom at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 18:26:28 GMT 2003

I am planning to upgrade my samba 2.2.8a domain and servers to samba 3.  I
have been experimenting with samba and disk quotas.  I am using a RedHat
Linux 8 box.  I notice that if I leave the default kernel, 2.4.18-14, and
enable user quotas on a volume, the capacity of the drive is set to the
effective quota value for the user.  The space used is the actual space the
user has consumed.  However, on upgrading the kernel to 2.4.22, I noticed
that this behavior has changed.  The capacity is the physical capacity of
the drive and the space consumed is to total space consumed.  The quotas are
still enabled though.  Is there something in the kernel that I need to
enable or disable in the kernel so that the user's quota values are
displayed for the capacity?

Thanks
Bob.