[Samba] Winbind Issues in Samba 3.0.0

Clay clayway at excite.com
Mon Oct 27 04:15:02 GMT 2003

First ...let me thanks Samba Team for your time and effort..Samba is great..

I have an existing Samba 2.28a environment supporting WinNT4 and Win2K
clients..works great

I have two samba servers...One running as a PDC (SambaPDC) and the

other (SambaFS1) using winbind to authentic users from the PDC (no users in
passwd on this machine)

All is working great in the 2.28a environment. On the winbind server, I can
issue getent passwd and receive all my local users followed by the domain
users from SambaPDC. I can issue wbinfo -u and get all the Domain Users.

Everything works...

I am now trying to upgrade to Samba 3.0.0 on both machines SambaPDC and
SambaFS1.

Everything seems to work fine on both machines SambaPDC and SambaFS1 running
winbind.

On the winbind 3.0.0 server (SambaFS1), I can use wbinfo -u to see Domain
Users and getent passwd functions as expected.

Now the problem..

On SambaFS1 now running 3.0.0 with winbind

I issue smbclient -L localhost -U (any domain member name) and get

NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS

If I use just smbclient -L localhost it will authentic fine as anonymous and
list the available shares on SambaFS1....

If needed I can post the smb.conf files from each machine...just didn't want
to make the post any longer...

Please help...this is driving me nuts...I have tried everything possible I
know to do...

Thanks

Clay

---