[Samba] WinXP/2k can't connect to Linux ADS member

rruegner robowarp at gmx.de
Mon Oct 27 12:02:09 GMT 2003

Hi, seems to me like a problem with encrypted passwords ( this changes from
win version to version )
check if you have them enabled, alternative try the reg patches (perhaps you
did this already with win98!)
I would try to setup a clean new win2000 install up to serv pack 4 and a
simple smb.conf
in a test network without firewalling...then conect with the other versions
of windows
Is your samba a pdc? Win 95 ( wonder you use this ) does not use encrypted
passwords ( as far as i know)
at last let us see your smb.conf
Regards