[Samba] Clear text authentication impossible???

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Oct 26 03:20:36 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 11:19, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 08:51:09AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> > > Can you post the debug level 10 log please (obfuscate all passwords of course :-).
> >
> > I picked this one up at the end of last week.   I never got it into CVS,
> > because I didn't have the setup to test it.  (And I wanted to clean it
> > up a bit, we should also handle the 'interactive' login in a similar
> > way, and possibly 'ascii' passwords against the LM hash).
> >
> > Thanks to Fabien Chevalier for providing the information that made
> > fixing this so easy.
>
> I've committed a varient of this. Andrew can you please check for
> correctness ?

It looks reasonable to me.  Was there anything particularly wrong with
'static char zeros[8]'?   (As I've used that elsewhere, and you have now
got me worried...)

What I proposed was only an early patch, and I intend to clean this up a
bit more, cope with ASCII only passwords, and add a direct deny on the
password fail.  But that can wait, and it's good to see this in and
fixed.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au