[Samba] Re: samba 2.27 as print server

Robert Robertedstrom at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 25 02:30:40 GMT 2003

My original post is http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/msg72613.html.

[global]
 workgroup = Popstar
 netbios name = Paint-Roller
 server string = Print Server (Samba %v)
 interfaces = eth0 127.0.0.1
 bind interfaces only = Yes
 encrypt passwords = Yes
 min passwd length = 0
 null passwords = Yes
 log level = 10
 log file = /etc/samba/logs/smblog-%m.txt
 announce version = 4.0
 name resolve order = wins bcast
 time server = Yes
 deadtime = 45
 socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
 wins server = 192.168.0.60
 hosts allow = 192.168.0.0/24 127.0.0.1
 username map = /etc/samba/usernames.cfg

 preferred master = Yes
 domain master = Yes
 local master = Yes

 printing = lprng
 print command = lpr -U%u -P%p -r %s
 lpq command = lpq -U%u -P%p
 lprm command = lprm -U%u -P%p %j
 lppause command = lpc -U%u hold  %p %j
 lpresume command = lpc -U%u release%p %j
 queuepause command = lpq -U%u stop %p
 queueresume command = lpq -U%u start %p

[ipc$]
 path = /tmp
 hosts allow = 192.168.0.0/24 127.0.0.1
 hosts deny = 0.0.0.0/0

[Lexmark]
 comment = "Lexmark Z22 Color JetPrinter"
 use client driver = yes
 path = /etc/samba/printers/Lexmark
 printable = Yes

Please help.