[Samba] Printing from Win2000

Garrett GaRogers at student.jjc.edu
Fri Oct 24 06:56:58 GMT 2003

Hello,
   I have just started using samba a couple of weeks ago.  I am using
Slackware 9.1 and windows 2000.  i can see everything.  on my windows box i
can see my linux box and visa versa.  but i have a HP deskjet 932c on my
linux box and i want to be able to print from windows.  windows can see the
printer in network neighborhood but it says that it is unable to connect
access denied.  i have set the drivers right and everything.  here is my
smb.conf:

[global]
	netbios name = MYSERVER
	server string = "Is It Not Nifty?"
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	log file = /var/log/samba.log
	printcap name = cups
	wins support = Yes
	hosts allow = 192.168.1.100
	printing = cups

[public]
	path = /home/garrett
	read only = No
	guest ok = Yes

[printers]
	path = /var/spool/samba
	guest ok = Yes
	printable = Yes
	print command = /usr/bin/lpr -P%p -r %s
	browseable = No

[HPDeskjet]
	comment = HP DeskJet 932C, hpijs
	path = /home/garrett/hpspool
	read only = No
	guest ok = Yes
	printable = Yes
	print command = /usr/bin/lpr -P%p -r %s
	printer name = Garrett
	oplocks = No

And when i type this command lpstat i get this:

garrett at garrett:~$ lpstat
Printer 'Garrett at localhost' - cannot open connection - No such file or
directory
Make sure the remote host supports the LPD protocol
and accepts connections from this host and from non-privileged (>1023) ports
Printer 'Garrett at localhost' - cannot open connection - No such file or
directory
Make sure the remote host supports the LPD protocol
and accepts connections from this host and from non-privileged (>1023) ports

Please help me if anyone knows what the problem is.  Thanks a alot!