[Samba] Advice needed for Samba 3 setup for multiple Linux boxes in established Win2k AD domain...

VR-Bug Support bugtraq at victoriareal.com
Fri Oct 24 16:16:24 GMT 2003

Thanks John,

It was my understanding that Samba would not synchronize with Unix accounts, and as such presumed that winbind was the way to go, but on setting up a server using Samba 3.0.0-2 from either source or RPM I found that, whilst I could successfully add the server to the AD and groupmap an AD group to a local UNIX group, when I accessed the share from a win2k client logged in as a user within the mapped AD group I did not have access rights to the share.

I have probably missed something in your HOW-TO which would enable me to access the share, any pointers would be helpful.

Regards,

Luke.