[Samba] Need to install samba with winbind & ntlm support from source

Taiwo Akinosho Taiwo.akinosho at nalbank.com.ng
Fri Oct 24 14:49:04 GMT 2003

hello,

i need to install samba with winbind and ntlm support. i.e
        --with-winbind
        --with-winbind-auth-challenge (needed for ntlm)

The problem is i run the installion as expected.
1. ./configure -- .....
2. make
3. make install.

yest samba does not seem installed. is there something i
am not doing right. can someone please help.

if possible. i could appreciate an RPM of samba with these
option compiled in. i will stll like to know where i am missing the
point.

i will also have this problem with squid since i will need to
enable :

        --enable-auth="ntlm,basic"
        --enable-basic-auth-helpers="winbind"
        --enable-ntlm-auth-helpers="winbind"

Thanks alot guys.
i thinks the problem is really with installing from source vs rpm and not
the samba or squid bit.

as a contribution, i noticed that my squid fails unpredictibly when
i had an incorrect static route on my route list. i had a static route
to another subnet within my network. it had the default gateway wrong.
squid just fails to resolve through the internet gateway when this happens.
i eventually sorted that out after spending half of the day. i just wonder
y it does not happen immediately.

Thanks guys.

**********Disclaimer************

If you have received this email in error please notify NAL BAnk Plc on infonal at nalbank.com.ng This message contains confidential information and is intended only for
the individual named.

Dear samba at lists.samba.org, our products and services are listed below.

Optima:
Maxiyield:
Frontier Funds:
For further details contact infonal at nalbank.com.ng

First Bank Right Issues: Please claim your First Bank right issues on
or before 25th November at any NAL Bank office nation wide.
For further details contact, capitalmarketsgroup at nalbank.com.ng