[Samba] NTLMv2 in Samba 3.0

Chu, Dan [IT] dan.chu at citigroup.com
Thu Oct 23 20:53:30 GMT 2003

Hello,
Has anyone successfully configured Samba 3.0 to authenticate using NTLMv2
only? I have below entry in smb.conf:
password server = <domain controller>

to use domain controller for user authentication and DC is configured with
Level 5 - DC refuses LM and NTLM authentication (accepts only NTLMv2). So
far I got: "System error 1326 has occurred.
Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password." errors.

I am not sure what option(s) to use in the smb.conf file to make it work. My
understanding is that Samba 3.0 defaults to NTLMv2 if password server is
configured to accept NTLMv2.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Dan