[Samba] 3.0.1pre1 broke my 'valid users' on one share

Aaron_Colichia at Dell.com Aaron_Colichia at Dell.com
Thu Oct 23 18:04:02 GMT 2003

Before updating to 3.0.1pre1, the following smb.conf worked.

Now when users try to hit the [broke] share they are denied access.

Winbind has no problem finding the users and groups for the domain.

I've verified filesystem permissions, "Domain Users" have full RW access.

I do not seeing anything coming across my smbd log files.
[global]

security = DOMAIN

workgroup = xxx

password server = AUSTIN, HOUSTON, *

encrypt passwords = yes

wins server = 172.20.0.1

netbios name = PLANO

winbind separator = +

idmap uid = 10000-20000

idmap gid = 10000-20000

winbind use default domain = yes

winbind enum users = yes

winbind enum groups = yes

obey pam restrictions = yes

kernel oplocks = no

template homedir = /xxx/home/share/%U

template shell = /bin/bash

server string =

mangle case = yes

dos filemode = yes

name resolve order = wins bcast lmhosts

socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_KEEPALIVE
IPTOS_LOWDELAY

max log size = 4096

log file = /var/log/samba/%m

local master = yes