[Samba] Mounting for non-root users

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 23 14:49:00 GMT 2003

That works for me! I had a bit of trouble working out the sudoers syntax.
For the record the entry in /etc/sudoers:

leons   ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:/usr/sbin/smbmount //10.0.0.1/Users /home/leons/home -o credentials\=.credentials\,workgroup\=STAFFAMB\,uid=leons

The command:

sudo /usr/sbin/smbmount //10.0.0.1/Users ~/home -o credentials=.credentials,workgroup=STAFFAMB,uid=leons

Thanks for your help,

Leon...