[Samba] samba, pam, kerberos

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Wed Oct 22 19:26:27 GMT 2003

> > So how can I stuck three required options : password encryption true in
> samba configuration file, usernames in NIS and password authentication over
> Kerberos ?

Usernames actually come from NSS; so NIS, LDAP, etc... shouldn't really matter.

But straight Kerberos authentication to Samba resources is not currently support
(AFAIK),  there have been several other threads very recently concerning this
(see the archives).  Indications are that there is no reason it can't be
supported, and it might be in the future, but isn't currently.