[Samba] Error with colon in filename when specifying a drive letter after upgrade to 2.2.8a

Baker, Byran Byran_Baker at bmc.com
Wed Oct 22 15:26:48 GMT 2003

I hope someone might be able to give me a bit of help with this one...

If I touch a file like "xx:x.test" it works just fine.

If I touch the same file using a path like "directory\xx:x.test" it works
fine.

If I try to touch the file using a drive letter like
"f:\directory\xx:x.test"

Some background.  It has been working correctly using 2.0.7, I upgraded to
2.2.8a and the problem started.  Anyone seen this or know what I need to do
to fix it?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
-Byran Baker