[Samba] Samba 3 pre01 security=domain problem to accessfromxpclient

Jérôme Fenal jerome.fenal at logicacmg.com
Wed Oct 22 14:07:34 GMT 2003

Bonjour Jean-Marc,

how do you propagate the Unix accounts from your PDC&BDC to your member server in order to allow user auth from Samba ?
Eg. you must have a Unix account for each Samba account allowed to access the member server.

Personally, I use LDAP, with a RH9 PDC (and in a few days a RH9 BDC), and a Solaris 9 member server.

You could also use winbind, but you would have different uid/gid for the same user on the different unix machines. It was my mistake if you have a look at my previous SOSes on this list.

If you need only a small subset of user to access this member server, you could also just add the unix accounts in the local /etc/passwd

Also, one of the problem I encountered is that I tried to specify an "auth methods =" string, even when specifying "guest, sam". But it failed. So removing it helped a lot.

HTH, best regards,

Jérôme

the system manager. LogicaCMG