[Samba] Clear text authentication impossible???

Beschorner Daniel Daniel.Beschorner at facton.de
Wed Oct 22 13:27:31 GMT 2003

We have an Exchange 5.5 server in our Samba 3 domain und want to have POP3
access with clear text authentication from clients.
But no kind of credentials is accepted.

It did a level 10 log on the Samba server and found my clear text password
in the log (in nt_chal_resp and lm_chal_resp fields) during authentication.

Is it possible that Samba can't handle the clear-text pass-through from
POP3-Client per Exchange server and takes it for NTLMv2 challenge????

Thanks
Daniel