[Samba] Re: Samba Documentation

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Oct 22 05:33:01 GMT 2003

Someone wrote in:
> It was not my intent to question the comprehensiveness of the documentation.

Nothing in Samba is sacrosanct. It is my purpose to question the quality
of all work I do.

I will not rest until the HOWTO is complete and can not be improved upon.
To achieve that I need help from real people, like you.

The fact that I took pride in the work done is self evident, that does not
give me the right to a king sized ego about the HOWTO. I do however
believe that I have every responsibility to continue to improve the
documentation until everone who reads it writes to this list and says,
"Wow! I found exactly what I needed after opening the first page!".

Until that happens, please keep the feedback coming so we can improve it
further. Spare nothing in telling me what needs to be improved. If you
find an error, or just something that is not clear to you, tell me.

Above all, please be sure to contribute all tips, nifty techniques, perls
of wizdom (however small), pointers to valuable information, and anything
that saved you even one minute. The quest to improve the documentation has
barely begun.

Anyone, everyone, tell me more of what information you need to help you to
get more value out of Samba. This is a community effort, you can make a
difference - do not let the opportunity go by.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org