[Samba] PATCH to Samba 3.0.0 to allow interactive --set-auth-user for wbinfo

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Oct 21 21:57:13 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 05:50, Tom Dickson wrote:

> This patch is against samba-3.0.0beta3 (tested), but will also apply
> correctly to 3.0.0 (release)
>
> It makes wbinfo ask for a password if there is no password on the
> command line.
>
> So:
>
> wbinfo --set-auth-user=Administrator

May I quickly remind everybody *never* to use the administrator password
for 'set-auth-user'!

This is for an *unprivileged* user, who's password gets stored plaintext
on a disk, to get around some restrict anonymous issues in certain
situations, mostly involving NT4.  Most of these have been resolved by
the use of Kerberos in winbindd.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org