[Samba] Mounting for non-root users

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Tue Oct 21 11:23:00 GMT 2003

This has been asked before but the answers haven't worked for me.I upgraded from 2.2.7 to 3.0.0. I used to connect to Windows sharesusing smbmnt in .bash_profile as a non-root user having chmod 4755smbmnt. Now this doesn't work:	- smbmount won't let non-root users run it (even after a chmod)	- smbmnt says "Failed to find real path for mount point"	- mount -t smbfs says "only root can do that".1. For Samba 3.0.0 what is the correct way for non-root users to mountWindows shares? (Which command? Is any chmod needed? Etc.).2. What are the correct permissions for smbmount, smbmnt, smbumount (Ididn't note these before I changed them as this fix worked fine with theprevious version).Many thanks for any help - I'm going to have to use Windows until I canfix this!(RedHat 9.0 BTW).Leon...