[Samba] RH 9, Samba 2.2.8 and Mac OS X Clients

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Tue Oct 21 06:58:01 GMT 2003

Hi,

we run a RH9 samba 2.2.8 ext3 Server and have some problems with MacOS X
Clients: They aren't allowed to write directories containing files to
any of our shares.

I connect to the sambaserver with smb://servername/sharename and a samba
user. This user is allowed to create new folders and he can copy files
into this folder.

But if he tries to copy the local folder containing files to the share
or into a newly created folder on this share, ther is an errormessage
saying, that the user has not the necessary access rights.... :-(

An other RH9 Server with samba 2.2.8 did'nt have this problem....

I controlled the writelist option, the directory permissions.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Götz Reinicke

--