[Samba] Re: swatlib?

Alex itzaberhad at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 03:39:35 GMT 2003

Hi John,

   Well... that's a tough one. :-)  I'm under the gun to do some php
thing with samba's config.  Either template based, or something off of
loadparm.c.   It just strikes me that the guts of the config file
used in cgi.c by swat.
   My C is VERY rusty (haven't coded a good solid app in about 8+
years)...  On the other hand, getting a php module out of that code
would be pretty sweet and make a lot of people's life easier. :-)
	So what I'm gonna do is 2 things.  First, make a little parser bridge
for testparm's output (php-ize the output and use that for constraints
checking), and try to make a loadparm lib.. it won't be a try swat
replacement, just something to deal with samba's config file.. I'll give
a stab at it.. nothing official. :-)  Unless it a success. :-)

Alex