[Samba] Samba3 & LDAP Can't join domain with Win2k Pro

Nicko nicko at free.fr
Mon Oct 20 21:17:49 GMT 2003

Hy all,

I tried since 2 weeks ... Still doesn't work...
With Win98 Client it work perflectly but i can't join with Win2k Pro.
Same message in Win2k Client : username or password incorrect.
I try with root / Administrator / new account / everything...
I change password for root / Administrator.

My config :
- RedHat 9.0
- Samba 3.0
- OpenLDAP 2.0 (RPM from RH9)
- Populating the OpenLDAP schema with the smbldap-tools from IdealX (0.8.1)
and smbldap-useradd to create users.
- Linux is configured to use LDAP too for users accounts (authconfig)

And it's seems that NT user must exist in Linux box (useradd), i dont
understand why ...

Any idea ?

Thanks

Nicko