[Samba] domain groups

Douglas Phillipson dougp at intermind.net
Mon Oct 20 16:12:19 GMT 2003

I have ACL's enabled and am getting a new error, in the Samba log (V
3.0.1Pre1, when attempting to set permissions on a file through Win2000:

   get_domain_user_groups: primary gid of user [terry] is not a Domain
group !
   get_domain_user_groups: You should fix it, NT doesn't like that

Do I need to create a group on the windows(2000) side?  The entries in
the domaingroup.map don't do this?  Please be verbose in answering.  A
couple of good example wouldn't hurt also.

I have a domain group map:

domain group map = /etc/samba/domaingroup.map

Contents of this map are:

domuser = "Domain User"
domadmin = "Domain Admin"

I have terry in /etc/group and passwd as such:

/etc/passwd:

terry:x:505:10000::/home/terry:/bin/bash

/etc/group:

domuser:x:10000:terry, phillipd

Thanyou very much

Doug P