[Samba] Xp without netbios - few questions with samba 3 - smbldap_open: cannot access LDAP when not root

jean-marc pouchoulon jean-marc.pouchoulon at ac-montpellier.fr
Mon Oct 20 15:36:06 GMT 2003

Hi,

	On samba 3 winserver enabled
	On xp I can work with smb on 2 ways

	1 ) smb over tcpip without netbios. I was suprised because I can
logged onto the domain. Xp client found the primary domain controler. I
am not able to add permissions ( only the local machine domain is
visible ). How xp client found the DC ( cache DC name on the client ,
wins answer on port 445 ?)
	2 ) smb over netbios. Samba works with port 139. Ok clear for
me.
	2 bis ) smb over netbios with value coming from the dhcp. I was
also suprised that samba use port 445. It's true
	that the only parameter is the netbios node type (h-node). It
works. But why 1) way is not working to retrieve 	users? I can see
in the log :
		[2003/10/20 15:00:49, 0] lib/smbldap.c:smbldap_open(799)
  		smbldap_open: cannot access LDAP when not root..
	I have this message only in this case.

Jean-Marc Pouchoulon