[Samba] samba3, CUPS and lpoptions

Gonçal ohfty0o02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Oct 20 10:44:24 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have set up a CUPS queue in the samba server with specific lpoptions
(actually, it's a queue to print 2-up on an HP LaserJet4300 printer. I used
lpoptions -d NX2-118 -o number-up=2). Everything works as expected when I
print from the Unix side.

However, when  I print to the corresponding samba queue, the options
specified through lpoptions are ignored (i.e. the prints come out as 1-up
instead of 2-up).

I am using samba-3.0.1-pre1 on a RedHat9 system, with CUPS 1.1.17.

Did anyone out there manage to get lpoptions working on a Samba printer
queue? Any other suggestion to setup a 2-up printer queue with samba?

Thanks a lot in advance!

    Gonçal