[Samba] Help with CUPS, Windows, d/l print drivers

Scott Ehrlich scott at csail.mit.edu
Sat Oct 18 23:37:13 GMT 2003

I've seen various posts to this and other lists about CUPS, Windows
printing, and downloading of drivers for an IPP printer installed on a
Windows machine, the printer being serviced by CUPS.

I have downloaded the respective Windows 9x, 2K, and XP drivers from
manufacturers' sites, and want to find a way to implement them to CUPS, so
if anyone opts to mount a printer via http, the drivers will automatically
download for them, just as they would for mounting the printer off our old
NT 4 Server (which currently relays to CUPS).

We've had CUPS running successfully for over a year, and the final piece
now is to transfer existing Windows users off our NT server and directly
to CUPS, with drivers automatically installing for them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Scott