[Samba] Samba Installation question

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Oct 18 02:41:47 GMT 2003

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Guess Logi wrote:

> I wan to download samba from samba.org.
>  If I have installed Linux 8.0, do i need to remove smaba stuff ( pkg,
> other files ) before i insall new version from web ?. I heard Linux does
> come with samba by default.

You should be able to download and install the samba-team package. Doing
so should auto-uninstall the Red Hat packages. If not, then you can always
uninstall the original RPMs.

> OR
>
> Is it okay to just install new version even though we have older version
> which came with Linux ?

Yes.

> Any input would be appreciated.

Any amount of input is available at standard hourly rates and a minumum of
4 hours per billing. :)

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra