[Samba] System error 1314 has occurred

harv at ifox.com harv at ifox.com
Fri Oct 17 20:22:46 GMT 2003

Hello all,

I am using Samba on a Debian GNU/Linux box.

I am trying to create a netlogon.bat file that will execute whenever
a user logs in to the domain.  However, I am getting a strange error message on the client workstations.

The following is the netlogon.bat:

echo Setting Current Time...
net time \\xavier /set /yes

echo Mapping Network Drives to Samba Server Xavier...
net use Z: \\xavier\home\samba\profiles\%U

PAUSE

However, I get the following error messages when the user
logs in to the domain:

Setting Current Time...

C:\Documents and Settings\jared>net time \\xavier /set /yes
Current time at \\xavier is 10/17/2003 1:51 PM

System error 1314 has occurred.

A required privilege is not held by the client.

C:\Documents and Settings\jared>echo Mapping Network Drives to Samba Server Xavi
er...
Mapping Network Drives to Samba Server Xavier...

C:\Documents and Settings\jared>net use Z: \\xavier\home\samba\profiles\U
System error 67 has occurred.

The network name cannot be found.

Here is my smb.conf:

Sample configuration file for the Samba suite for Debian GNU/Linux.
Id: smb.conf,v 1.2.4.6 2002/03/13

#Global Settings =======================

[global]
#basic server settings

workgroup = wolverine
netbios name = xavier

server string = Samba PDC running %v
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
domain logons = yes

#PDC and master browser settings
os level = 64
preferred master = 64
local master = yes
domain master = yes

#security and logging settings
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
log level = 2
max log size = 50

#user profiles and home directory
logon home = \\%L\%U
logon drive = Z:
logon script = netlogon.bat
logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U

#keeping user accounts in sync

unix password sync = yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *Retype*new*UNIX*password* %n\n *Enter*new*UNIX*password* %n\n *Retype*new*UNIX*password* %n\n *passwd: *all* authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*

#setting up the time server in order for clients to sync w/ server
time server = yes

#===============shares=======================

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
browseable = no
writeable = yes

[netlogon]
comment = Network Logon Service
path = /home/netlogon
read only = yes
browseable = no
write list = jared

[profiles]
path = /home/samba/profiles
writeable = yes
browseable = no
create mask = 0600
directory mask = 0700

To me, it looks like everything should be working, but apparently, I am unable to sync the time with the Samba server, and I am unable to map the drive automatically.

Is there anyone that might have an idea about what to do?  I would appreciate it!