[Samba] 'Last Change Time' generation for smbpasswd

Bill Robinson samba at oozy.ws
Fri Oct 17 13:11:46 GMT 2003

In the docs it is noted that the "Last Change Time" in smbpasswd is:

"This field consists of the time the account was last modified. It consists of
the characters 'LCT-' (standing for "Last Change Time") followed by a numeric
encoding of the UNIX time in seconds since the epoch (1970) that the last
change was made. "

What is the numeric encoding used?  I'd like to be able to generate this apart
from using smbpasswd.  I google'd a bit for this but didn't turn up much other
then links pointing back to the docs.

Thanks
-Bill